third trimester cramping for a few weeks now, does this mean dialation?

ive been cramping like regular period cramps does this mean i might be dialating i know this doesnt mean labor is anywhere soon jw if i might be dialated....plus at how many weeks do they check your cervix for dialation 36 or later?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's probably "false labor" or even braxton hicks. I don't think it has any relation to how far dilated you are. You could ask them to check you at your next appointment.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 6:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ick, i hated that! my dr. told me it was dialating and braxton hicks. I always thought "yay, when I'm pregnant that means 9 months of freedom of mother nature!" so freakin wrong......
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Go up there and check lol I am serious though If you can get a CLEAN finger tip in your cervix thats 1 cm. Here is a fun chart to kinda get a visual, wash your hands well, when you go in relax your bottom. And see what you can get. GL and if you are worried you can always call and ask thats what they are there for.

My doc started checking for dilation at 34weeks.

http://www.birthwares.com/i//tn_Cervical_Dilation.JPG

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• okay so this is dumb asking anonymous bc you cant reply the same but ok lol my cervix is set far back idk if that probably isnt true now given im 31 weeks, but i dont think id ave a clue what i was feeling for lol ill ask i have an appt thursday, that chart made me laugh lol :P
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• ive never dialated on my own, and very rarely with help, i dont remeber the cramps w my son so i thought maybe this time is diff and i might actually dialate my dr said i have only a 20 % chance of doing it
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010