have you been in a situation where you get very sad after a friend/ relative tells you that she is pregnant?

have you been in a situation where you get very sad after a friend/ relative tells you that she is pregnant? I know it sounds awful. What hurt the most is to know that sometimes this people didn't even what to be pregnant. I have this moments that I will act all happy, but as soon as I get on my car, I start crying no stop because it only reminds me that I am not pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• With our third child we had been trying for a few months. I told my sister inlaw and then one month later she was pregnant and I wasn't. D: When I mentioned that I told her we were trying, she said she didn't remember me telling her. LOL
    Anyway... I got pregnant a couple of months later and we have babies exactly two months apart. Sometimes it just happens that way and we have to suck it up and love our family and friends.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I got myself in a real pickle. I wanted to outfit a nursery for a niece who did not have a lot of money and neither did her Mom and Dad. I wanted to be sure I picked not just what they wanted, but what was safest. I have two nieces who live out west and I found them on facebook and asked each of them the question of what is safest and best value. Now one niece is TTC and the other has 3 children with 3 different men. The TTC was beyond furious that I was so insensitive to her personal situation, of which I did not find out until this brew-ha-ha and the other niece wanted to know why I did not buy the furniture for her. At this point my name is MUD and I am not allowed to contact either niece out west because I asked such a low ball question. Others here have told me the TTC is hormonal and the 3 daddy one is just selfish.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, it didn't make me cry,even after I had a miscarriage with my first pregnancy. My best friend told me she was pregnant and I was so happy I was just beside myself,not sad at all. How could you be so self-involved that you couldn't be happy for someone else?
    (And then about 4 months later, I did get pregnant and had a healthy baby)
    .Life can be a joy if you actually care that other people are happy and want them to be happy.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes. A lot.
    It got to the point where soooo many people around me were pregnant that I was full of tons of jealousy and ill feelings. More and more time went on and I still wasn't pregnant...

I got sick of.

The mind is a powerful thing.
    Now, I am TRUELY happy for everyone who tells me they are expecting. I have even been decorating onsies to give to the new babies!

I find this helps me cope more than feeling horrible things, and then feeling guilt on top of that.

Not to mention all the babies recently born, at this very moment, I have at least 6 prego friends.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I do not know if I would say sad but more disapointed that I cannot have that experiance. I am truely happy for them because I know how exciting it is to be pregnant. But one time after my nephew was born I was soo happy for my brother and his girlfriend but I had just lost my youngest son a few months prior to his birth that when I left the hospital I cried all the way home :(
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When we were TTC our DD we had been trying for a LONG time and I had just had an early miscarriage, my friend came to my house to tell me that she was pregnant. She was 5 weeks pregnant and was already wearing maturnity clothes and she said to me "You know the funny thing is you WANT a baby and can't get pregnant and I DON'T WANT a baby and here I am pregnant" and then she laughed.

I was fighting tears so bad!! My face was hot and I wanted to throw up. There was NOTHING funny about what she said or the situation to me. It wasn't that she was pregnant. It was that she didn't want the baby and she thought it was funny that I did but didn't have one.

I finally made up an excuse for why I had to go back inside and as soon as I turned my back to her so that she couldn't see my face the tears just started pouring down my face. I went inside and sat in the bottom of the tub with the shower running for over an hour.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It didnt happen with just friends or family. It seemed like every tv show that came on everryone on there was getting pregnant and I was left sitting there wondering WHY!!!! You are SO not alone on this one!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 8:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes. It was shortly after my miscarriage.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 4:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• 17 months ago I had identical twins, but one of my twins passed away 5 days after my twins were born. I had a friend get pregnant with twins a few months after I had my boys and Yes, I was extremely sad and cried A LOT! Even now when I see twins (especially identical twins) I get really sad and start to cry and get angry and feel its unfair. the only thing is that I'm glad that atleast they have there twins and don't know what it's like to be me, wishing I had mine too and yearning for my identicals.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 4:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2010