Best way to reheat mashed potatoes?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 6:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Oven, if you have time - grease a baking dish really really well, and let them go - they'll get puffy, a little crispy around the edges...yum! Microwave is excellent if you're in a hurry, of course - I usually do it that way!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 8:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If they are real taters, I would reheat in the nuker, maybe add a little milk if it needs to be thinned out.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 6:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree with the others, add some milk and butter and stir then heat them in the microwave or put into a casserole dish and bake them in the oven. If you do put them in a casserole dish and bake them, you can add some grated cheese and bacon bits and have something like a twice baked potato. That would be yummy and with a sprinkling of cheese and breadcrumbs, they would almost be a meal by themselves.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 6:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I like to stir in some green onions, form them into patties, and fry them in butter into crispy little cakes. don't flip until they are thoroughly seared.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Microwave them, covered, stir once.

Answer by Bmat at 6:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• add a little milk, cover with saran wrap, zap in microwave :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 6:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Add a lil milk & keep covered. Stir.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2010