5year old having trouble in school

my son is 5 and having trouble in school ,doesn't stay focused ends up in trouble .has to be reminded regularly to get ready in class and doesn't remember to bring his stuff home. i have tried taking things away from him and even have the teacher send home notes and doesn't seem too care

reckgeth2

Asked by reckgeth2 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• hes just being him
    Anonymous

• Eventually he will catch on give him time teach him what you can give him something that would interested him like dinosaurs, cars, anything a boy would like and do some counting with them items too. and what letter do they start with. If he does not know how to write his name yet just write on a piece of paper his name then on a seperate paper write his name in dots and have him trace the dots to his name, I hope this helps. Good Luck! Just be patient with him all will work out just fine. Mother of 2 elementary kids (5 and 7 yrs. old)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• He is being a boy---:-) My oldest went to one year of school--first grade. The teacher said she doesn't have to get after him because he is bothering anyone or doing something he shouldn't---she said he "just isn't here". I knew where he was--in Pine Dale hunting, out in the field digging holes with his littel brother & playing Marines, or busy building roads with his trucks. After that year, we home educated him through high school He is  gifted in many ways--one major one being extremely mechanical. He can run almost anything, rebuilt a truck motor when he was 15--by himself--and has put over $20,000 (not a wise use of his money in my opinion) rebuilding his high powered snow machine. Soooo just be patient, try to do things with him at home that he likes. I taught my two boys chess when they were both under 7 and they loved it. Boys like it because it is like a military game:-)

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• He is 5 and a boy, he thinks that it is his job to act like this. His he in Preschool or Kindergarden? I would not worry about it, my son was very similar to yours last year and this year is so much better. Calm down and unless it is affecting his class nothing is wrong. Just talk to the teacher as much as possible and work together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Is he bored in school?
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:50 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I was worried about my 5 year old son, too. But it just took hima while to adjust. He is doing really well now. Everyone told me that boys will be boys. Good Luck.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My 5yr old, almost 6 in a few weeks, loves school. But seems to get in trouble alot, like not really bad trouble but if he's bad I take stuff from him and ground him (same thing i guess). Tell him school is fun but not a joke and he has to go to school to learn things and become smart and be someone in his life. Ask him what is his real problem, ask him if he would like u to homeschool him and make it harder, unless u work.
    Anonymous