what about mormons do you find hard to accept?

don't say cause we worship joseph smith cause that is not true...i'm just curious! if you could have your questions answered by missionaries would you do this and if not why? i hear a lot of weird stuff and wonder where people come up with it and sometimes i think they misunderstood the message to them in the first place. sometimes i think they say they heard it from an ex member but since they 're ex's doesn't mean that they are not bitter & purposely bashing the church cause they were excommunicated. before you answer do you know for a fact that what your answer is, is actually truth or just what you heard. you would only know if it's fact if you were an active member before. my point being maybe people should find out for themselves what the facts are not through others. also i would let god tell me what the truth is.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 6:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't find any of it hard to accept. I am one! :)
    mrsdanahale

Answer by mrsdanahale at 8:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• well I don't know much about Mormans, I use to date one a long time ago and he really didn't speak much of his faith except saying it was a very traditional type thing and they sung alot. But I do have a question, if your a believer of God how do you excommunicate someone from your church? How do you turn someone away from being in God's house? I just don't fully understand that, and you mentioned it in your above paragraph. I'm not in any way attacking you or your faith, I just don't know or understand how you just can't allow someone not to come into God's house of worship....was or is it because of them not following your faith based rules or guidelines or what? -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 7:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Well, once you hear Warren Jeffs you think of little girls getting married to older men, and multiple girls on top of that. You are cut off from the world in little comunes and when you leave you must dress like you live on little house on the prairie. Not being disrespectful, but dont know how else to describe it. I dont know I guess it goes with Muslims and the extremists. The news likes to make people look like shit...
    Anonymous

• Anon: that is the Fundamentalist Ladder Day Saints Church they were excommunicated long ago because they refused to give up plural marriage. Modern day Mormons are not like that.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have read a lot on the Mormon faith and then the kids that come around a few times a year like to talk. I find it interesting but, I am satisfied being baptist.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• they are still welcomed to come to church and no one but the bishop knows of your status. the church feesl that they have a certain standard of what righteousness is and when we repent there are sometimes consequences for them. it depends on the severity of the sin. there are few. adultery is one. i don't know the rest cause i'm not a bishop and have never asked. i think when you sin you must take steps to truly repent and sometimes this is one of them for you to show that you are truly repented. once you have resolved yourself you are welcome to come back and encouraged to come back. we don't want any sin to go without any real repentance.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• part 2
    i know that is something that others find hard to accept but often then not members don't. i'm currently on formal probation for my sins that didn't warrant being excommunicated and i'm my own worst critic and have kept myself from fully getting my blessings restored even though my bishop feels i'm worthy.

also WARREN JEFF IS NOT A MORMON! HE MADE HIS OWN CHURCH USING THE MORMON NAME IN IT. mormons don't believe in that. so like i asked get the facts and try to find out for yourself and not what media, ex members etc. how many mormons do you know have more then wife?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• nothing :) I'm not mormon but I live in utah. I have a few really close friends that are mormon. I've gone to church with them a few time and I have to admit I love relief society classes. We have something similar in my religion where the women get together and talk about religion we just call it halaqa :)
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 8:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I honestly dont find anything about anyones religion hard to accept or believe. People that are scared of the unknown are the ones that will say something negative about something else. People believe what they believe and that is that...Not everyone has the same thoughts or anything like that so the people that say something bad need to get over it. Just know that God is all knowing and forgiving. :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I was once a mormon and left on my own accord. I have recently become Christian. I have in the past defended the mormon religion. So to answer some questions. No they do not marry young girls. That is something that was practiced back in the 1800's and was not just the mormon religion. Everyone did because the population of girls did not live sometimes to be 50.

bonbonjo78

Answer by bonbonjo78 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2008