has anyone noticed?

that the amount of anonymous questions have increased tremendously? Also that now almost every anonymous question is hateful and most are just posted to start arguments? Last night i had to leave CM the entire first page was all anonymous hateful questions. Why aren't people proud of what they have to say? Why be a coward and spread hate anonymously?

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 7:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• people hide behind their anonymous posts, questions and responses. these are the ones that generally spew venomous nonsense. i am going to ask CM if it is possible that if you post a question to not allow anonymous responses. it weeds out people who can't own their opinions and cuts back on the hatefulness. i think there's enough of that going around...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I posted a question like this about a month ago and CM deleted it. They stated I was starting something. I guess anon's feel that they are perfect and don't have to adhere to the guidelines but when we post we get in trouble for it.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I do notice that and I often wonder why is someone feels sooooooo strongly about something why go the cowardly route and post anonymously?
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 7:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I think it speaks volumns about the person.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I've posted my thoughts publicly, tame ones, and have gotten nasty PMs addressing it. I don't feel like being harassed just b/c I'm "brave" enough to post with my identity. I like having the anonymous feature, it allows me to answer more honestly. It's not my job to make sure people feel good about what I say, and I like that I can say it and walk away. Call it "cowardly", but at least I can be honest, which is more than I can say about a lot of folks around here.
    Anonymous

• I post honestly and if people want to send me hate mail...I don't have to read it.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 8:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i've tried to avoid anon posts..its hard not to tell someone what you think of them when they are being mean, hateful, or (other negatives)..but i am officially boycotting anon posts. . .i think.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I agree with figaro. I can understand anon posts but not replies!!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I agree with the above anon. I will happily post with my name in other forums, but in politics, I prefer anon. Its all too personal. I am tired of the personal messages. It just bothers me that people cannot respectfully disagree. Oh and in addition, I hate when people use my name to reply. I don't like strangers using my nickname, which is in my screen name. (when I joined CM i never imagined it would be so drama filled, or I would have used a more generic name). Its just a comfort thing for me.
    Anonymous

• Well, I had one lady come post in my journal today - funny thing is she has never answered on my questions - but several anons have - so I conclude that they are rude here anon, and follow us home. Tacky.

I can tell you I disagree in person. :)
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 9:53 PM on Oct. 10, 2008