What kind of toys???

My daughter is only 3 months old, but she's already attached to the television...which would be great if it was educational, but she's already bored with her Baby Einstein vids. What kind of toys should I get for her age? I already spend my whole day entertaining her, and my poor house has been neglected for it!

shaysmommy5810

Asked by shaysmommy5810 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best form of entertainment for babies, especially that young is NORMAL daily activity. I highly recommend that you wear your by in a wrap, sling, or mei tai carrier. (no it isn't hard) That way your baby is held, you know where they are, they get their core and neck muscles stimulated and exercised, and you can go about your daily chores as normal and your baby will LOVE it. My baby falls asleep often while I vaccuum even. Just observing everything is enriching for them, even if that means all you are doing is washing dishes. Babies don't know what dishes are, or the sounds that are made, For the sound of a running faucet...to them its all brand new. Go out...LIVE and BE!

I'm not a baby einstein video fan. It's too much time encouraged spent sitting in one spot IMO. But for toys I suggest a play mat with a toy bar (nothing crazy) or portable toy bar, and a couple of soft rattles (small easy to grip).
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010