Is your preschool daughter's ears pierced?

If not when do you plan on getting them done, if ever?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 7:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter's ears aren't pierced and we said we'd tell her she can have them done whenever she is old enough to know how they do it and wants it done.
    momoflilangel

Comment by momoflilangel (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My Granddaughter begged to have her ears pierced for her 4th birthday so that' was her present. I have issues with piercing babies ears. The biggest reason is it is a body modification. Their body is in my charge..but it isn't mine. I know three grown women who hate that their Mothers chose to pierce their ears. Two of them have religious beliefs that it is defilement of the body, therefore a sin. I just go by not my body, not my choice.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My daughter isn't born yet. But we will have her ears done when SHE chooses, so I doubt it will be before 8 or 9 at least.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't have a daughter, but I used to work at a daycare and some of the girls (and a couple boys) had their pierced. It was the most annoying thing. They'd take them out or lose them during play. And then the parents would get mad at us for their child's jewelery being missing (especially if it was expensive.) I would highly suggest not doing it...if they're going to be in a daycare/preschool setting. We can't be responsible for missing earrings and other valuables. I would definitely wait. I would also wait to see when the child got older if she had interest in getting her ears pierced before "forcing" it upon a young child to get her ears pierced.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• DD is 3...she can ask to have her ears pierced in 10 years.
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 7:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, I won't have my daughter's ears pierced until she is interested in doing it, is mature enough to take care of them, and is willing to go to a real professional piercer, not one of those places in the mall.
    iloveconan

Answer by iloveconan at 7:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My daughter is 12 months and I had her ears pierced at 3 months. Her dad want to change her earrings but for now I allow her to wear little medicated knob earrings,so if they get lost they are easy to replace.
    Lattymo

Answer by Lattymo at 8:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My DD was 3 when she got hers done. My niece had hers done and my DD thought it was wonderful so she begged and begged for at least 8 months till I finally got it done for her. They've been done for 2 years and she's never played with them, nor lost them. She turns them and takes them out to help change them.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 8:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• nope... when she can ask and know what it means... then yes (and i mean know what it means by the pain, the cleaning, etc)
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:11 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• I had mine done before 1 year.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:28 PM on Sep. 13, 2010