I need some money advice please

So my DF is deploying in November and he will be gone for 7 months. I am gonna finish my last 2 months of school starting the first week he leaves and ahter that I am gonna spend the rest of his deployment in Arkansas with his family. I am on welfare and I wont be able to use my EBT card in Arkansas, my DF is gonna be sending me some money so I can get stuff that I need but I dont know how much he will be sending. Should I stop my welfare benefits or should I figure out a way I can get my money? Should I apply for welfare in Arkansas?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 8:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• Before your fiance deploys, I would go by the welfare office and explain your situation. Tell them that you will temporarily be moving to Arkansas and see what the procedure is to apply for welfare in that state and what you would need to do once you get back to your home state.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• So I am most worried about my fiance not coming back, god forbid, and then if I cancel my benefits then I will be screwed out of money. We are supposed to get married when he gets back
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 8:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I know this is not any of my business, but have you considered getting married before he leaves? I mean, if y'all are already planning on it, why not before that way everything is taken care of.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you and your fiance are living together and he is supporting you, I would stop receiving welfare. Personally it would be wrong to abuse the system. Getting married before deploying may be the best thing if you are both ready for it.. Because he will receive extra money while deployed.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• you need to go ahead and just get married, that way you wont need welfare anymore
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Apply in Arkansas and if you get approved use the money until your fiance send you some.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you get married before he deploys, won't you be eligible for military benefits, including housing?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes I will
    noahsmommy12908

Comment by noahsmommy12908 (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2010