tacky to throw my own baby shower?

i dont even know if i should anyways if i have no one (here) to throw one for me.
i hate this family i married in to.

frankye

Asked by frankye at 8:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah kind of... you could ask someone from your family to throw you one
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i dont have anyone who wants to, i guess i just wont have one :(
    frankye

Comment by frankye (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is nothing tacky about throwing your own baby shower my dear...I did..my husband family doesn't live here and I am from the island so I had no one to do it for me. I did it on my own and I had fun.
    Go ahead and do it if you can...its all about you and what you want to do at this point to make you and your sweetie pie happy! Good luck hun.
    Lattymo

Answer by Lattymo at 8:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Hey who cares what other people think...so maybe it's a little tacky, then throw a 'welcome baby' party. I mean if you have noone to plan it then go for it and if people come then I guess they didnt mind the tackyness of it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I threw mine. All my family was too cheap and selfish to even consider it for me.
    You go girl! Have a good one!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yeah, I would think so. If you ask for no gifts, then maybe it won't be so tacky.. Because it would be wrong to throw your own party and expect gifts in my opinion.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I did my own!!! I knew how I wanted to do it and didnt want anyone to mess it up so I threw my own baby shower and no one thought twice about it!! YOU DESERVE A SHOWER!!! Go for it girl!! If you dont then you might regret it for the rest of your life!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i threw mine, only 6 ppl came i said my sister was but i paid for it planned it and hosted lol
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i think its fine to throw ur own!....not tacky, im helpin throw my own, im havin 2, one mom is helpin wit n another a friend is helpin wit
    LilStacy

Answer by LilStacy at 8:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i would do it. why not. its a party for the baby. what is tacky about that. you are the baby's mother. why not ask your husband to do it?
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010