My SO told me that he realizes that he is a fault for our problems and he needs help before we can work on each other

some how i don't buy this he come yesterday at 3 am and i check his phone and a girl texts him" i don't like the way we left things we need to talk" I confronted him and tells me he wants a separation and wants to do therapy here the thing he is going to move out with a co-worker that is a female. Should i just pack his shit and send him packing. He says he's confused doesn't know what he wants a career his family or work with his anger issues. What do you think?

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 8:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I think he's just using that as an excuse to sleep with his co-worker
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It sounds like he's looking for a reason to check out. You can't keep him if he wants to go. Why would you wantto keep him if he doesn't want to be there? The texts and coming in at 3AM says volumes to me. If that were my situation I would probably pack his crap.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• oh boy. My sis in law just went through this. And I know this is strange cuz he's my brother, but I told her the same I'll tell you: THROW HIS CLOTHES ON THE LAWN AND WATER EM DOWN! Tell him to get lost, if you're not worth the respect and truth to him then he shouldn't mean anything to you.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Honestly i don't know what to think i am sorry! Pray to God to help guide you
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It sounds to me like this guy has a lot of growing up to do. He has obviously already been doing things that he should not if there are girls texting him at 3AM. You deserve the very best and not to be second choice.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 8:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I hate to be the bearer of negativity but I went through this, sounds to me like he's been fooling around possibly with the coworker. I think you need to really evaluate your relationship, cheating isn't a problem necessarily but a symptom of a much bigger problem ( and not even for a second implying its your fault if he's doing that because it isn't) and if its even a thought of whether to choose his family or his work well that is a definite sign of a rotten person in my book, theres is no decision to be made there, or at least it shouldn't be.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Id pack his bags and send him on..
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would say save yourself any more heartache and tell him to go. If he is moving in with a woman and got that text it is pretty obvious what is really going on. He wants the safety net of you to come back to if it doesn't work out. Keep your self-respect and move on. I know that is easier said than done but you will be glad you did. I speak from experience. Sorry you are going through this. You deserve better than that.
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 8:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My SO just said something kinda like that...he wants a break..blah..blah..blah. I don't know what i'm gonna do about it...but since he is going to live with some chick..kick his out!!!! be done with him
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 8:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would send him packing and make him pack his own bags
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 8:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010