Why dont you like halloween?

I dont want to start nothing i just honestly want to know why SOME dont like halloween,
some call it satans holiday,
its not, if they did their research they would know all about it,
it honestly makes me mad about it, halloween doesnt have to be scarey if you dont want it to be!
I seen one post this woman said, ITS A SATAN HOLIDAY, my kids wont go its about killing,
well first its all about candy and being somthing silly staying out past your bedtime, and being a kid!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yet another fun tradition some people are week minded enough to think can bring their religion and beliefs to a screetching halt...get a grip people...it is about kids getting to dress up and get free candy, I have never been possesed by satan from trick-or-treating!
    Anonymous

• lol we love halloween here!! never thought of it as a satans holiday we are wiccans it is a day of celebration for us...

navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 7:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I love Halloween, I always have =]

I'm just not doing anything this year because I'm pregnant (so nobody will invite me to parties because I can't drink) and my boyfriend is working that night. I'm highly looking forward to taking my daughter out next year though :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That is ridiculous!!! I have never heard of that I heard say that halloween is devilish but I did not think nothing more than that. And I like the way you put it on how you feel about halloween that is my thoughts exactly. Just enjoy they grow up so quick.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i think some people are just plain silly and scared they probably werent allowed to participate or are too cheap to buuy candy so they have to have some excuse
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I wonder how many of the parents who won't take their kids trick-or-treating today loved going when they were kids themselves.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:32 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my dad always told us it was the devils holiday and he still does to this day. i bring my kids but ill never let them out alone until there a lot older. i do believe that a lot of wicked people come out on October 31.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I effing love Halloween, and am super bummed that I cant dress up this year
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 1:23 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Actually, I always liked Halloween until I met my SO. Hos ex-wife was born on Halloween(she's a real witch) and because of that every year he is miserable and refuses to celebrate it, annoys me, I feel like I am being punished!
    HauntedStarr

Answer by HauntedStarr at 1:35 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I celebrate Halloween now as an adult because my mom made me stop when I was 8 years old! Thats really the only reason why... She felt Halloween was the anti Christmas and against anything that is holy... I personally feel that their are worse things out in this world, than a child smiling back at me for some candy!
    Supervane

Answer by Supervane at 2:25 AM on Oct. 11, 2008