is it mature or not to communicate to your child's fathers about the child? my sons dad texted saying "is he okay?" need you know he hasnt checked on him in about a week. and i had to tell him what my son needed he didnt even ask. wtf is that? i think my son is worth more than a losey text message

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• You are completely right YOUR SON deserves more then just a text. If his father really wanted to know if YOUR SON was ok he could pick the f**king phone up and communicate with you like parents do. My hubby and his kids mother talk just about everyday checking on the kids we have the oldest and she had the youngest and it has always been like that. I really wish people that have children together break up could at-least just be sival with one another when it comes to the children. We all get along great not just for the kids either we all just have a good friendship and that is wonderful for everyone all the way around.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 9:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• sounds like you both need to get on the same page as to how you are going to make this work!! good luck.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 8:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You are right. Your son IS worth more than that. However, it may be best to take the high road. Answer him about what your son needs. In the long run, your son will be able to see who cares for him without you having to lower yourself to someone else's standard. Make it your aim to keep the communication open as far as it depends upon you. That way your conscience is clean. I do hope everything works out for you and your son.
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 9:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• um...he texted, he showed concern, maybe he didn't WANT to call b/c of drama.... the mature thing would be to text back. Yea, he's good etc.
    In general men tend not to call all the time. And when people split up it becomes common not to check up every day much less several times a day... it can be seen as harrasment or Oh, you don't trust my judgement.
    So..
    he asked, answer WITHOUT drama, and know that hey, he cares about his child and misses him enough to want to touch base.

honestly from your tone I'm ASS-uming... y'all having been split up long and ds... is a young child.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 9:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010