Potty training tips and signs that a child is ready?

My son is 19 months and i just wondered how to tell if is ready and i need some pointers on what to do? please and thank you

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 8:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• I watch for the budda belly to disappear...it means their pelvis has opened up and their organs have dropped down....more bladder space~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My 4 year old niece took off her diaper when she was 12 months, and ran throughout the house without it. I knew then that it was time. She also went into my bedroom bathroom, and sat on my toilet. We knew it was time for us to buy her first potty, but the thing was, she never used it. She just kicked it around and placed her dolls in it. She always got on our toilet to do her business. All kids are different, but trust me, you will know when he/she is ready. Start letting the child see you potty.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010