When did witches become sexy?

I am talking about the image of the witch. When I was little witches were green with warts and scary. Now the image is sexy, beautiful and sometimes half naked. When did this new image start?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When modern witchcraft became a more widespread religion. To continue portraying witches as monsters would almost become a form of religious discrimination to some people. Why are they sexy? Because a large portion of the people who practice are young females, also considered sexy by many. But that's just my opinion.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I wonder if there's some random celebrity that portrayed a sexy witch on TV in the 70's or something. Or maybe with the TV show Bewitched, the image changed from the Wicked Witch of the West to Samantha, yanno? But the previous poster has a good point too =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• So I asked my husband this question just to see a guys point of view and all he said was when they started wearing fishnet stockings with their sexy outfits.
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 8:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It isn't just witches who've become sexy: look around a college town around Halloween for the last 6 or 7 years. Everything has a "sexy" costume for it. Boxer, Soldier, Vet, ect. Hell, last year I saw a sexy "mummy" costume. With more and more revealing attire becoming the norm, many women/girls use Halloween as an excuse to take it the extra mile and not feel, for lack of a better word, slutty.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• because witches are "naughty" girls.
    Anonymous

• When they started to show some boobs is when they got hott...I guess boobs cover the green skin and warts..lol
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• in harry potter
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When they learned spells to cover up their fugly green skin and warts with big hair and big boobs, duh!

:)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:04 AM on Oct. 11, 2008