What would you say to this?

My DS has Aspergers/Autism we are having a party for him in Los Angeles this year one of my SIL's had the nerve to ask if he would be at his own party!
I was a bit mad and said no we are sending him to the moon and hung up but I want to know what you would have said!

Homeschoolmom99

Asked by Homeschoolmom99 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes what kind of question is that? I would have said just that! What kind of question is that? Were you even thinking when you asked it? I think her mouth has exceeded maximum copacity for feet!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• =O
    I think you did the right thing. What kind of a question is that?! My stepbrother has cerebral palsey, and I would flip my shit if someone asked me if he was going to attend his own party. Ugh, some people.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Some people just dont "get it" and are a little slow when it comes to finding the right thing to say, but I must say....that was just plain dumb....I think you handled it right....My dd has some behavioral issues and I am VERY oversensitive to ANYTHING anybody says to me....so I try to watch my reactions....but in this situation...she needed a kick in the pants...
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• you go girly... i would have too! you have to stand up for him otherwise people will always walk all over him!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 8:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008