I just took another pregnancy test and it was defective..why?

I just spend 11 dollars on two clear blue easy digital pregnancy tests and took one when I got home and got a book error. What does this mean??

nandy90

Asked by nandy90 at 9:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• what do the instructions say the error means?
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• not peeing on it enough or too much but i didnt know it was possible to pee on it too much
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I had a defective one once. It just doesn't work, thats why they have that test strip, to if it shows up its working if it doesn't its not working.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 9:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• if you read the instructions it will tell you...but you probally just didnt pee on it right..gl
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I took one once and it did that because I laid it down after I peed on it waiting for the results but I was supposed to keep it standing up I guess..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• one tip for you is to collect the midstream urine in a clean container, trying to pee on the stick in the right way can be tricky ( and messy) collect in a cup dip stick so the window is completely under and take out again.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• oh thats so weird this is the first time i have had a defective one and this is the first time that i seriously think i am preggers...go figure
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i'd wait til morning to take the other test. It's always better to use first urine of the day so all the hormone is concentrated. Then like another one suggested pee in a cup and dip the test in it. Then follow the directions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• okay thanks for all your help and hopefully i can hold it all night so that i have enough in the morning
    nandy90

Comment by nandy90 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Another reason to use a cup. No wasted urine if you don't have to go real bad in the morning.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010