Very embarrassing dental problems.....

I have gengivitis. No insurance and no money to see a dentist. My teeth look HORRIBLE. They are not white, and near the gum line (which is receding) it is green. Is there anything I can do to have pretty teeth again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• I use a mix of Plax and hydrogen peroxide ans a pre rinse to brushing~the plax really works take off built up tartar and makes the hydro' taste better.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Look for dental schools in your area. Some do reduced or free work

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• brush your teeth
    use mouth wash like Listerine
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Have them pulled and get dentures. I had severe gingivitis I know it really sucks. I had almost all of my teeth pulled at the end of my last pregnancy. Before anybody bashes it was a combination of bad genes and calcium deficiency that cause all my dental problems. I did brush and floss.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• As a former dental assistant here is my 'advice'. First off there is no such thing as true white teeth, most teeth have various shades to them and certain things can stain/discolor your teeth (like drinking a lot of coffee for example). As for the 'green', it could be calculus (tartar) buildup and that would have to be removed by a dental professional.
    If you really want to have 'pretty' teeth again then I suggest you see a dentist or if cost is a factor check and see if there are any dental schools in your area and ask for an exam. Once they examine your mouth they can set up a treatment plan and tell you what needs to be done, what should be done and cost.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Call your local heath department, they most likely have a dental office also.
    Casumael

Answer by Casumael at 9:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't know but I feel sorry for you! Good Luck and Hugs!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Dental work to 'fix" this is in the thousands you would not want to trust it to someone in training. You would definitely want a professional for this and I was told they could do all that work for very little results.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010