my teeth simply never developed... what is this?

I have horrid gaps in my teeth, and it is because my adult teeth simply never developed.

What is this called? What causes it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• Haven't you been to dentists and had it explained to you?

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When I was 16.... and I was so shocked to hear of the missing teeth and the thousands id have to spend fixing it that I didn't pay much attention to the name of the diagnosis..

And no, due to insurance, I have not been back since..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I bet you could improve what you have..invislign braces, or implants? ask around for funding or grants or be a model?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's called Anodontia. One of my cousins also has only his baby teeth because he never developed adult teeth.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Oh, and as for what causes it, it is usually genetic and typically occurs as part of or in conjunction with a greater genetic syndrome, but not always or the greater genetic syndrome goes undiagnosed because the symptoms are mild.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I do have adult teeth. Maybe I worded my question wrong..

I have all my adult teeth except the two between the canines and front teeth. Incisors I think?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Just googled and found my answer...

Hypodontia..

Its used as a marker to identify women for potential risk of ovarian cancer.... yay....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yiu could ask your Dentist about Implants for the missing teeth. He could refer you to a specialist in Dental Implants. OR...you could get a "bridge" that will fill in the gaps and it will keep your other teeth in place.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The problem with those obvious solutions is cost... I have no insurance, and even if I did.. I'm pretty sure those procedure are cosmetic...

I'm learning to deal with it, since I can't fix it..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I HAVE A HUGE GAP IN THE FRONT OF MY MOUTH AROUND ALL OF MY ADULT TEETH. ONE LITTLE TOOTH STANDS OUT. AN EYE SOAR. I GUESS THIS PROBLEM IS MORE COMMON THAN I THOUGHT
    CAMERONSMOM24

Answer by CAMERONSMOM24 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010