Is it bad to want a little pampering when your pregnant?

My husband and I have been working our butts off since I found out I was pregnant. He worked two full-time jobs and I worked one full-time job while taking care of our toddler and all the house stuff. I'm 35 1/2 weeks along and I'm wanting a day off so bad! I want a backrub or my hair done or just a day where I am not moving all day long (minus 10min facebook and cafemom breaks). So my husband finally let go of one of his jobs and I've given him multiple "days off" where he can go party with friends/family or whatever. He really does deserve it. How do I, not only allow myself a day off, but get him to pamper me a little for the last few weeks? I'm starting to get into the really crabby uncomfortable phase and I don't want to sound bitchy to him if I don't have to.

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no way!!! you are in the right!!! you deserve it so you should just flat out and tell him that you deserve it and that its not fair that he gets "days off" that you deserve something... but if you dont want to say it then show him.. give him some pampering massage him or something then hint that you want it done as well..its only fair.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I hope you get your pampering! Mine never came to one apt. ever with me! I had Bad morning sickness each time for months! Plus while I was 6 mos. pregnant. A careless driver totalled out my Car where I was a passenger and I'm lucky my DD is alive. I hope you get some rest, pampering and a great surprises! Good Luck! Have a Happy rest of your pregnancy and a Happy, healthy Good Baby..
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• no it's not bad. all pregnant women should be pampered a little.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• just tell him, "honey, I feel like I need a day off or else I'm going to turn into the wicked witch of the west before the week is out..."
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I do not think so...just tell him you want to rest some.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You so deserve to get pampered girl get him to massage your back every day. Take some time for a nice bubble bath & have him cook you dinner once in a while so you can sit & relax.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Men are not intuitive, they are no good at taking hints or anticipating needs. Just talk to him about it and let him know what you need.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 10:22 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If he won't pamper you, can you go to a spa for the day?
    Anyway I do think that pregnant women should be pampered. After the baby comes there won't be time (or energy) for that kind of stuff.

Most men don't take hints every well. If you need a day off and him to baby you, you'll have to just come right out and say it.
    Congrats on the baby =)
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:55 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You deserve to be pampered. Let your husband know you would like something special done for you. Sometimes men don't get it unless you are obvious. My other suggestion is: Taking a couple vacation days from work if that is manageable.
    soccerfanatic13

Answer by soccerfanatic13 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Pregnant women deserve to be pampered! We go through so much and so many changes bringing the bundle of joy into the world while then men just sit back and relax because they had a fun part in it and now it's over. I think most men need to be more compassionate when it comes to their SOs being pregnant. Go to the spa and get the what ever you want done to you. You deserve it!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2010