Hitting herself...?

My baby girl is 5 mos old, and she hits herself... I dont think its on purpose. She does it when she is really excited.... She stiffens her left arm and hits herself on the side or stomach. I had my hand on her tummy today, and she was doing it... Shes really strong... its a hard hit! Is this something your little one has done?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 7:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No ......i dont think she will blow out her kidney ;o) but if you want... just hold her hands and blow on her tummy try to distact her,

I think she is just excited too,
    Anonymous

• My son, 6 months, also gets really excited and hits his tummy....He does not hurt himself...just happy and excited.
    badvsewingrrl

Answer by badvsewingrrl at 8:26 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• You might need to start telling her no don't hit yourself that is not nice/good. Distract her some way when she does it again. No my children never did that but all kids are different they do all kinds of things and then grow out of it. Good Luck!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• my son did that alot when he was around that age too. when he got real excited he would kick his legs really fast and just puch his stomach and sides realy hard. it didn't seem to hurt him he would be laughing and smiling the whole time so i never really did any thing about he just grew out of it.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Sounds exactly like what she does :). Thanks guys.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 11:14 AM on Oct. 11, 2008