This has got to be the most embarressing question ever asked on this site.............. adult content

Lately my husband has been asking me to shave "down there". I have never done this before in my life. Do I just shave all the hair off or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have a friend that is an ob/gyn & he said most of his patients 35 & under are completely shaved or waxed.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 9:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Get a Brazilian bikini wax....it takes longer for the hair to grow back that way and it'll be much more smooth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. The pain and itching from the re-growth not to mention the possibility of an ingrown hair. OUCH!!! Sorry DH you are not the one who has to deal with the after effects.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Depends...is that what he is asking you to do? Does he want it all off, just a trim, or just shave around the edges?
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Hardly the most embarrassing! It really varies by how you want to do it. Some shave it all smooth, some just trim, go around the edges, just the top. There are a lot of different options. It's really what your comfy with.
    One thing though, they say that when it grows back, it itches. And it does. I don't shave down there but I had the top part shaved for some surgery two weeks ago and it's growing back. I look like I have bugs or something, constantly scratching.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• you could do some or all- it's up to you. I would suggest getting waxed- it doesn't hurt much and it lasts alot longer
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• its also WAY too sensitive when you do it,which is why I don't suggest it. Your underwear touching your vulva HURTS! Its amazing how even a tiny bit of hair acts as a buffer.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Just use a brand new razor and do it the shower. You'll have to rinse the razor under the water stream after almost every stroke to get the hair out. It'll take a few minutes but it's not difficult.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• if you do it, trim the hair short as possible first with a small clean pair of nail scissors. that will make shaving easier. and use a shaving cream for sensitive areas, they have it at most stores.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 9:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You can shave all of it, you can trim it (with his electric trimmer...haha. kidding) you can do what ever you want. Better yet, have him shave you with whatever he wants. It feels so great and it's so much cleaner, I think anyway. Oh, and it's so much better when you have your period. Try it out once, if you don't like it....it's hair!! It will grow back!

But make sure you use a nice sharp razor. It really makes a difference. And the best way is to go up and down up and down without lifting the razor. Not bottom to top (like you would while you are shaving your legs) Lotion up with a mild lotion after you are done and honey, you are good to go!
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010