tomorrow my 11 month old is starting daycare...she's a major momma's girl and has never been babysat by anyone but immediate family before, i'm a nervous wreck, any advice?

I feel like I'm going to cry, I didn't want to have to put her in daycare but due to some recent events it's my only choice. She's super attached to me, we haven't been separated for more than a few hours ever. Any advice? Is this going to traumatize her? :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It will be difficult at first. On both of you. The only advice I can give you, is make your leaving quick. The longer you stay and draw it out the harder it is on both of you. Good luck!!!
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yes, leave quickly. and bring tissues. Hold yourself together till you get out the door.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• let her see you greet with her teach~she will see you pass your trust over~let her know you will be back (shorter first days possible?). Let her know she will nap at school and maybe bring her favorite thang.

She is bonded...she has the skills to bond to others because you taught her...she will get her needs met.

Let her see you leave...NO sneaking out (kills what your words mean and they know it). try and be the first parent to pick her up...it gets stressful for kids to see other mommies comes and they worry and really wait for you then....

be clear and go when you say you are going to go~the faster you are out she can start to figure out what comes next with her "team"
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Oh man, there is no way that you can ease her into it? Let her get used to the people with you there first? Take her there for a few hours and then make it longer and longer?

Oh, if you have no options, I'm so sorry that is happening to both of you! I don't know what you could do if you absolutely have to leave her immediately and can't ease her in.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• She is going to be FINE mama. :) My DD was cared for by family until 12 months. I took her to daycare at age 1. Yeah she would cry when I left, but she calmed down quick and really enjoyed her days. She stayed in daycare up to age 3.5. She is 4 now and will start pre school soon. TIME FLIES!!
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 10:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010