anyone ever have a child that would fight their sleep everynight, to the point where it mad eyou feel like there was some mental issues going on????

kaotickitty83

Asked by kaotickitty83 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• More info is needed here. How old is the child, when is the bedtime, what is the bedtime routine, how is the child fighting it etc? Since you posted in the babies section I am just going to blanket answer this with babies sleep when they are tired and not on any schedule someone else makes for them. If that is what you consider a mental issue then I think you might have some mental issues.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• wow no need to be so cruel i am new at this, give me a chance and some time to learn things, i was just trying to get some info, i am sorry it didnt suit you!!!!!!!
    kaotickitty83

Comment by kaotickitty83 (original poster) at 10:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• she has been doing this since she was about 3 months old and is almost one..and it's not everynight, well it wasnt at the beginning it was just now and then, but for the past couple of months she has been fighting it quite a bit.....

and i think i know my baby better then anyone and can tell when she is tired......usually at bedtime it was a bath, and lotion(just regular johnsons baby bath and baby lotion)......then we would rock her while giving her a bottle...and for the most part she would just squirm and squiggle all over the place and rock her head back and forth back and forth with the bottle in her mouth.......
    kaotickitty83

Comment by kaotickitty83 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Baths can have a stimulatig affect on babies. Especially you use stuff like johnsons...the smell is quite overpowering. Most people don't notice it because they use it all the time. Read the labels..very bad or the skin when you can't even understand whats in it.

I suggest not bathing as a routine and I would stop the lotion and johnson's soap. If you must bathe a plain unscented soap, and if you need to moisturize olive oil, shea butter, or coconut oil work nicely without all the chemical additives of commercial lotion.

We cosleep so we don't have bed time battles other than occasional disagreements about positioning on the breast.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Well, it sounds like you've got a routine down, but you may need to re-evaluate some things. What about bed times? And naps? The thing to learn about babies is that sleep begets sleep. Once a baby is overtired, he/she will fight sleep like crazy. A well rested baby will sleep longer and more often. At your baby's age, she should be taking at least 1 nap a day 2-3 hours long. She could still be needing 2 naps a day. Also babies can only handle being awake so many hours at a time. I think at 11 months, she should be able to handle being awake 3-4 hours before needing a nap. Also, re-evaluate her bedtime. You haven't said what time she goes to bed. She may need an earlier bedtime. When my son was that age, he was going to bed at 7 pm and waking up around 6:30 to 7:00 am and taking 2 naps a day. There are some great sleep books out there that can really help. My favorite is the No Cry Sleep Solution.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 10:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010