Advice for healing after a c-section

proudmommy10108

Asked by proudmommy10108 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Health

• I had one. Healing what though? Your scar??
    mamaxkitty

Answer by mamaxkitty at 8:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• just take it easy.. and no sex!!! it won't help you heal. don't let the water in the shower hit you right on,
    Anonymous

• Give yourself time! Even once you start feeling back to [relatively] normal, keep in mind that your body is still healing, and will be for a while, so just don't overdo it. If you feel AT ALL like [whatever you are doing] is too stressful on your body...don't do it! Excersize is GOOD, once you are okay'd to do so, but same goes...if you're body is telling you no, listen. I had a C-Section June 20th, and all thought I feel GREAT and back to normal, I can still tell that sometimes my body isn't ready to do some things I used to be able to do...even simple things. So just take it easy and don't push yourself too hard...that's my best advice. And even though sometimes it may feel like you're NEVER going to heal and get back to nromal, keep telling yourself that you WILL. :) Feel free to message me anytime if you want or need anyone to talk to! Peace.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 8:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I had a c-section 7 weeks ago and Im healed...not sure what your asking to heal? If you keep clean and dry then it should heal within 6 weeks.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• REST REST REST and more REST. i overdid it after i had my c-section. but also b/c mine wasn't a planned c-section that made it worse too. but make sure you don't overdo it b/c then you really will be in pain. It hurt me sooo bad and you don't want to go through that kind of pain.
    jaydensmom1205

Answer by jaydensmom1205 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 11, 2008

• well the pain pills don't touch my pain all they did was make me sleepy and it was hard to take care of my son so i stopped taking them...so now the pain has eased but now its starting to itch and now i'm in pain and itching and trying to take care of my son and clean my house and take care of my husbands needs too just looking for some examples of the best ways to handle this...mine wasn't planned either...and my husband works 3rd
    proudmommy10108

Answer by proudmommy10108 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 11, 2008