What kinds of music do your kids listen to???

I know every Mom is fully equipped with parenting opinions, so let's keep this light. I just wanna know what music soothes your little one. For us, my daughter will only listen and calm down to something with lots of bass and drums...strangely enough, Metallica seems to do the trick!

shaysmommy5810

Asked by shaysmommy5810 at 9:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Entertainment

• She loves Metallica, has since she was a baby. It was cute to watch her once we switched her to the front car seat and put some on. She'd start hitting the front of the seat with her fists and giggling. My husband said she was drumming :-)
    She'll listen to it and enjoy it until she hears me or my husband like it. Same with some country songs. As soon as she hears one of us singing along, it's not cool for the rest of the day. And she's only 5!
    So far, we haven't come across anything she doesn't like. She'll dance to the music in a commercial!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• AC/DC,Bad Company

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• right on...we've got a new generation of Rocker kids! LOL!
    shaysmommy5810

Comment by shaysmommy5810 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sorry, off topic here, but...
    Reminds me of the Metallica concert my husband and I went to last year. There was a girl, about 5 or 6, a few rows ahead of us. She was wearing a T-shirt, shorts, socks, arm bands, hair ribbons, shoes, and fake (I assume) tattoos. All of Metallica. And she was just getting into the music more than half the adults there. It was one of the most adorable things I've seen.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• wow...and i was worried I'd hear a lot of comments like, "I can't believe you let your kid listen to that!" Honestly, if it makes her happy, it makes me happy!
    shaysmommy5810

Comment by shaysmommy5810 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My kids listen to Christian and Country.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• all for that too!
    shaysmommy5810

Comment by shaysmommy5810 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• they listen to what ever DH or I am listening to. Now in their rooms only my oldest has a radio and he has polar express sound track and imagination movers.
    momoftatertots

Answer by momoftatertots at 8:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010