positive?????

Ok so I took a pregnancy test, and the test was extremely lightly positive. I had to hold it up into the light to actually get a good look at the positive line. After a little while i picked up the test to put it back in the rapper, and when I looked at it again the positive was more visible. As in i didnt have to hold up it to the light to see it. the positive line was darker after a while.
So does this mean that I am pregnant and need to go to the docotor?
Take another test tonight and then tomorrow morning?
What does this all mean?

NO RUDE ANSWERS PLEASE... THANK YOU :)

senior2009

Asked by senior2009 at 9:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• the test can be falsely positive if you wait to long to read it. However, a light positive should be read as a positive and you should retest in the am to be sure.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you look at it more than I think 10 minutes after you take it, disregard the results, they aren't accurate anymore. I would take one first thing in the morning. Pee in a clean cup or container and dip the stick in that, it cuts down on mistakes.
    I wouldn't take it tonight, the hormone is more concentrated in the morning and that's the best time to take it.
    If it makes you feel better, when you get another, pick up a couple of cheap ones or a multi pack. Then when you pee in the cup, dip them all in there. That's how my mom found out she was pregnant with my sister, she had 5 sticks laid out on the counter.
    Make sure you follow the directions to the letter.
    Hope it all works out :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• retest again
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• How long did you wait in between each time you looked?
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 9:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• about 10 minutes
    senior2009

Comment by senior2009 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Take a test again in the morning. Sounds like maybe you saw an evap line. Generally after about 5mins, an evap line will begin to appear.. Making a test look positive, but it is actually not.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If you read a test ten minutes after you take it then it can give you a false positive.

I would retake a test with your First Morning Urine. First thing in the AM is the best time to take a test because it is when your Hormone levels are the highest.

Good LucK Mama.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 10:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What is the evap line? like why does it get darker after a while?
    senior2009

Comment by senior2009 (original poster) at 10:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It sounds like you are pregnant!! They say even if one line is faint, it is still a positive. Take another test tonight and try a different brand if possible. GOOD LUCK!!!
    Nicole_TTC

Answer by Nicole_TTC at 1:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'd try again in the morning, if you get the faint line again then go see your doctor :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:47 AM on Aug. 30, 2010