"ur all i have left, so why r u so mean?"

so my mom passed away a few years ago, still have my dad, but as for siblings, it was just me and my sis. we were always pretty close, but lately she has been slipping away(?) b4 when i would call or text her we would get together always. but now she is always making reasons why she cant. and it's real hard on my lil ones, cause they r so use to her and their cousins being around. now we hardly see them. i miss them. my niece and nephew use to live with me and i love them like my own so it hurts so much not to see them. i talk on the phone to them, but i want to see them. and my sis, well she is all i have left of my mom. and then she will tell me she is coming over, we wait all day and my babies ask all day when r them coming? then around dinner time she will call or text that the kids went to sleep or got in trouble or she has to go to the store, or something. it hurts, idk what to d0

teddybear2272

Asked by teddybear2272 at 9:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• it's hard. I miss my brother and my niece terribly...all I could do was put them out of my mind (and it isn't easy) and focus on my little girl and family. Times like that are hard, I'll say a prayer for you and your sister, hopefully you'll get together real soon!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When our mom died I couldn't stand to be around my beloved sisters for months. Everytime I saw their faces I felt instantly sad.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Well here is my suggestion- PLan a little cookout, or pumpkin decorating party or something, send a nice invite in the mail to them then call a few days after they should have rcvd it and ask if they'll be able to come. If they can, enjoy them! Sounds like they're busy.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• talk toyour sis face to face and find out what's really going on
    ymadaris2

Answer by ymadaris2 at 10:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You only have two options here. Either talk to her about it, and see what's going on, or stop contacting her, and wait for her to make the next move. Other than that, you don't have many other options. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Time to have a heart to heart with your sister. Really express how you feel and allow her to express her reasoning and how she feels. Stay calm and allow this to happen naturally as a conversation, don't force anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I would tell her that I miss her and tell her that you still love her. Since she is your only sister, that is all the more reason to remain in contact with her. Have you thought of inviting them to supper or maybe even meeting somewhere for supper?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 11:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• if i were u , i would just not contact her , and wait until she comes around and makes the 1st move .......... ik shes ur sis and all but that doesnt mean that she can just walk all over you and you just saty there and take it , you are not her carpet ! and if she isn't telling you whats really going on with her , and y=all your attempts failed , then y keep trying ? ................. focus on your own family and you'll see that your sister will know that she cant play with you and your kids' feelings like that , and will come back and apologize !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:27 AM on Aug. 30, 2010