What should I wear for this job interview?

I have a job interview tomorrow morning for a part time position with my local post office. I need some suggestions as what I should wear to the interview.

I was in the post office one day shipping something that I sold on ebay and the post master asked me if I'd be interested in the position. I do alot of shipping thru the post office and am in there frequently. So, we are pretty friendly and usually chat while there.

Now when I go into there to ship something, I usually go in with jeans/shorts, etc, pretty casual. I know that I need to be more formal for the interview but I don't know how formal to get. The atmosphere is pretty relaxed and casual but I don't want to show up looking like a bum or end up going the other way and be way overdressed.

Would a pair of slacks and a nice dress top be ok? I don't think I need a dress/business outfit, do I? Can you tell it's been a long time since I've had an interview?? LOL Any suggestions

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Money & Work

• Since its the post office I would wear a pair of black slacks and a nice top! Maybe some heels. Thats not too causal and not too formal! GOOD LUCK. Hope you get the job ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I was always told to dress as if you were going to work there. So, dress how they dress. Actually, I'd probably turn it up a notch. For instance, if they wear jeans and polo shirts, I'd wear khakis and a blouse. Good Luck!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I like the saying, dress for the job you want, not the job you've got. Dress slacks and a nice shirt ought to do for the post office.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:28 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• A white blouse and black or navy pants should be suffecient. But, you can never be OVERDRESSED for an interview.
    nineteen

Answer by nineteen at 3:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2008