ways to get rid of flees with a newborn in the house and ways to make bites stop itching

i put my lab outside like 3 weeks ago before my son was born and started cleaning the house...after my son was born and we brought him home i started noticing flees and flee bites...i need to know ways to kill flees with out bombs before myt son gets bite

proudmommy10108

Asked by proudmommy10108 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pets

• Bombing is the best way to clear out fleas, unfortunately, Your vet may also carry a spray called Siphotrol that you can spray wherever you need to. Vaccuum alot and make sure everytime you do, empty out the vaccuum outside in the trash can. Moth balls in the vaccuum cleaner help. I had my cat on Frontline and this year it didn't work. I was sooooo pissed. And this is what worked for me. Others have used Dawn dishsoap and wiped furniture and things like that with a rag. And washed their animals in it as well. I used Adams flea bath shampoo, which can be purchased at Wal-Mart, but please don't use Hartz, Sargeants, or the other brands sold at department stores. Ask your veterinarian or go to pet stores online for products that can be trusted.
    ethan0530

Answer by ethan0530 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• call a pest control service.
    Anonymous

• sorry but you need to call some freind over and pack your stuff-up go stay in a motel for a wkend bomb the hell out of your house, then your have some friends really clean it for you. flees can hatch every 6 wks i believe. your dog needs to be on advantixi think it is. it could cost but it worth it. you have to keep a clean house. no matter what your going to have flees as long as you have pets. my boyfirend and i just bought a house together. i bombed it before we moved in. i bombed the old house with furniture still in it as his ex had 12 animals. even after she left he still had flees. well the bombing helped we have no animals cause i'm allergic to them. so it pretty simple life now for me. we still have the same furniture. he gets mad at me when a vacumm the bed for dust mites. he says i'm a freak i tell him i'm not sick like other people.
    ladyvalarie

Answer by ladyvalarie at 9:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008