Why do people perceive differences of opinion so easily as hate?

especially when it comes to religion?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• My personal opinion is this..................

If a person is completely devout, secure and believe in their chosen path 100%.. They are not easily offended or put on the defense in regards to their beliefs. People who are secure in their beliefs, have no need to become offended or defensive. They are able to view differences of opinions, differences in beliefs as just that differences. And they are able to accept those for what they are. If a person is secure in their beliefs, they do not see differences in opinions/beliefs as a threat to their beliefs, they do not see them as detrimental to their beliefs..etc.. They are simply differences, nothing more nothing less.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• So many religions teach that all other religions are the path to hell (or their version of it). I grew up that way but have been able to open my mind as I got older. Thankfully our kids are much more open minded and see people vs religion.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• OFten its b/c of HOW the diff. of opinion is expressed. "tone" means alot.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 10:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• insecurity
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Offense comes across as hate sometimes. I dont hate... I find that hard to do.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Really I think it's how they word it, at least on the internet. We don't have the other key factors which aid in our communication such as body language and tone of voice so we should really watch HOW we say things.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• some people don't practice tolerance. My beliefs include tolerance, however I have a problem practicing it (workin on it, I swear!). I do understand, but I also see myself doing it sometimes.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It seems that in any category, any topic here at CM , people use the term Hate and "haters" way too often. While we might disagree or have a different outlook on life, it shouldn't mean that we are "hating". It just means we are all different,with different backgrounds and beliefs.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• often times I've noticed that if you don't agree with everything someone else says, regarding moral beliefs or whatever, they label you a hater, which is far from the truth.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Its in our nature. I try to be honest, and sometimes it comes off as being rude or me hating. When it comes to religion though, I respect others beliefs, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and shouldnt bring others down for having a different one.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010