Ok, I failed to include I am 5 months pregnant in my previouse question regarding migraines. Thanks for all the responses, unfortunately they are all applicable if I was not preggers... I was just lookin for support while goin outta my mind last night. I will be calling my Doc.

litlfut26

Asked by litlfut26 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Health

• Migraines are VERY common during pregnancy. I have been experiencing them with this pregnancy since around 18 weeks. I upped my vitamin intake, upped my protein intake, limited my sleeping to around 8-9 hours a night, and avoided sudden movements. It helped for the most part, but I still experience some major migraines and my OB/GYN prescribed me Vicidon to help with the more severe ones.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• drink tea. i use tension tamer and sleeptime together and they are safe for the baby. here is a great website that might help too.
    traditionalmedicinals.com i love this brand and its also safe for the baby. i never saw the first question
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• what works best for me is an ice pack!! the blue gel kind i find work best...but any ice will do...put it on your head, and try to either rest or sleep...i get migraines ALLLLL the time, (major pain in the ass..or head..lol..) and yaa i stick an icepack on my head, and either go to bed, or have a lil nap, and usually 9 times outta 10 when i wake up im better again :) so sorry youre going thru this..migraines arent fun, at all!! best of luck!! try the icepack!! the icepacks i buy all say to cover with a towel before placing it on ya..but i never do..the colder the better :) good luck!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My midwife told me about this trick and it works every time! Take this kind of Excedrin, make sure it is this exact one. Take two with a large Mt.Dew. Make sure to drink at least half of the soda in the first 10 minutes.
    Excedrin Tension Headache package design Pictures, Images and Photos

This form of Excedrin is just acetaminophen with caffeine. So it is basically yhe same as taking tylenol... which is allowed... with a boost of caffeine. It really works and it isn't a narcotic like vicodin or those other strong pain killers.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my youngest I started to get migraines. My OB gave me Tylenol 3's. Everything I read says it is safe so I took them.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:44 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Are you taking a magnesium supplement?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2010