my breast won't dry up!

yes I tried to BF but baby can't handle it :( anyway.... it has been 3 weeks since i've stopped and they still have milk in them.. I wear a sports bra to!! anything else I can do to help them dry up? I am getting REALLY tired of the sports bra lol not that sexy!!! lmao

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 10:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I haven't breast feed for 7 months and I'm still leaking... wish I had an answer for you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• cabbage. parcley, and cinnamon. add those toyour diet and it should help, but it can take months, esp. if your hubby is fond of them with adult time. the more movement/pull they get the more they will keep it up. try putting a tighter shirt on too, or even bind them. good luck
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Sage or look online for something called NO more milk tea, it works well...

What do you mean your baby can't handle it? The only time a baby can't handle BM is when they have galactosemia. And that is really really rare, but whatever you choose is up to you....sage teas, sage pills or the no more milk tea will help you.

If you do want to BF please come by the BFing moms group and we can figure out what it is your baby can't handle and fix the issue, we have loads of ladies that go back to BFing after days, weeks and even months of FFing.
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• What do you mean baby can't handle it? Do you mean your baby has that rare genetic disorder?
    Or do you mean your baby just seems fussy, gassy, or insatiable? If its the latter, these are not indicators of "not handling it" they are baby behaviors that are easily fixed (forceful let down for example) or normal (growth spurt, normal need to suckle a lot, and is temporary)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• DONT BIND THEM!!! at all! wear tight bra and in time they will dry up. You can allways talk to your doctor about this too.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It took me well over a year to completely dry up. But I nursed for 36 months before that... Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• My milk took forever to dry up. I tried a few things and nothing worked. Your probably gonna have to wait it out.   My doctor said it could take as long as you fed to dry up. Example fed for 1 year, could take a year to dry up completely. I stopped about 3 1/5 months ago and they seem to have dried up finally.

mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It's been almost 2 years since my last attempt at breastfeeding and I'm still not completely dried up. I don't leak or anything but it' still there. Apparently it takes a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I didnt dry up for months. About 6 months to a year after. My 1st son wouldnt BF he was 6 weeks early and had a hard time with a bottle and wouldnt do anything with the brest we pumped and used a weird tube time and our finger for the first month. Then the next 2 months he had a bottle then I got sick of pumping and it was about a year before I dried up. I never dried after my 2nd he was 9 months old when I got pregnant again and I stopped BF only the month before that.
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:55 AM on Aug. 30, 2010