How likely is it to lose a baby at 21 weeks?

i dont mean to offend anyone or start anything. im just curious and i just need to know somethings. i think my doctor appts should be closer together that way it wnt be on my mind anymore.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 10:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first pregnancy? This always raced through my head my enttire first pregnancy
    It all depends on your health the unborn babies health. If the doctor hasn't said anything by now your okay. But no one can tell you that chances, Sometimes women just lose them for no reason. Don't stress about it mama. If you are worrying or need to vent your thoughts or worries always come here. You'll find great people on here.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You can lose a child during any week of gestation. How far along you are determines on if it is a miscarriage or a stillbirth.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• At 21 weeks it is safe to assume you have a healthy baby, there are always the unforeseen things that can happen.

Like the previous poster it all depends on your health and if the Doctor has told you there is anything unhealthy about the baby.

If you're really worried ask your Doctor about the health and condition and position of the baby vs the umbilical cord. Don't stress on it because it's not healthy at all to stress while pregnant.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 10:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've known some one who lost their baby at 6 months(* mom had many fertility problems, lost 5 babies), She now has a son and a daughter two healthy, beautiful, happy babies, and I've know a family members husbands cousin who lost their baby at 38 weeks, with the cord wrapped around the neck. They now have a 2 year old son. Truth is anything can happen. Doctors these days are good at detecting problems, just be pro-active with your care. You should be fine, keep your appointments, take your vitamins, when you start feeling your baby, and the movements are stronger, call your Doc with anything that you think is slowing of movement, activity is a good indicator of a healthy baby, alot of times though, your movement will rock your little one to sleep. Good Luck and Congratulations.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 10:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I lost my daughter at 34 weeks so....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2010