Do you see God in other religions?

Honestly, I can see so many similarities between different religions. I think it solidifies the existence of God rather than calls it into question. The more I study, the more I see the same story being told in different ways-

Now, obviously there are marked differences, but even the story of the Son of God has been told by other faiths- and I think it's miraculous, not blasphemous.
God said he had many names...
what do you think?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 10:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Yes. It always disturbs me when one gruop claims they are the only way in to the good side. My grandmother was Catholic. So if a fundamentalist believes THEY are the only way in to heaven they are basically saying my grandmother went to hell. Umm. no. I dont know WHAT comes next but do KNOW there have to be MANY ways to get there!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Me personally.Yes. I believe that anyone who believes in "God" / A universal Creator.. No matter what name they use, what the name of their place of worship is, not matter how they worship, no matter what their holy book(s) are called.. All believe in the One God. The One Universal Creator.. Ek Onkar ..God is one...... Brahma Ek e Hai.. God is one.. The same one God has been believed in and worshipped since the dawn of man.. The names, the ritiuals, etc.. Have all been different due to : geographic locations, time in history, culture... But all have believed in that One God. God has had many avatars/prophets/incarnations during the history of main. But again, even they are still aspects of/incarnations of/prophets of the One God.

Many years ago I was told "If you can not see God in ALL.. Then do not see God at all"...

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I agree- as they say "A rose by another name is still a rose".... I am not sure which is the true reflection of who God is or his purpose and words, but I do not think it matters-I think there are numerous paths....
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My beliefs tend to be rather all encompassing. I believe in all Gods. I just don't connect with them all...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I completely agree. I see God through all the faiths I've studied. I believe they're all different perceptions of the same Truth. That's why I'm a universalist/syncretist. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes there is a lot I appreciate and recognize in many different religions.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes He has many names and its listed. here is a list for you of His names...

http://smilegodlovesyou.org/names.html

Some of my favs are Jehovah Jired~ Lord God that provides

Jehovah Nissi ~ The Lord Our banner

El Shaddai ~ God ALmighty

Elohim~  God ( in referance to His power and Might)

Abba~ Father

Alpha and Omega~ The beginning and the end

Bread of Life

Bright Morning Star ( mentioned in Rev. )

All Consuming Fire( He burns away the dross the things that do not belong and purifies us unto gold)

Faithful and True

Lamb of God

Prince of Peace and the list goes on.. :-)

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yes, i do. and i see it the same way as you OP. how can so many belief systems be so close, if all of them are wrong?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Absolutely. This is actually the basis of my beliefs. While I grew up Christian, and definitely believe in certain aspects of Christianity, I don't believe that the Bible is the only way in which to lead your life. I think that a lot of religions unknowingly worship the same God, only in different forms and ways. I don't think that God expects us to know exactly what to believe in, and I don't think you're doomed to hell if you don't get it exactly right.He's all-knowing, we aren't. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows? However, it's the only thing I feel at peace believing in, and it works for me.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Nope.. not really. Beliefs that came up after Kemet, Greek and others... are connected in a way by keeping old stories alive in new ways. I do not hold that one god is all ecompassing to the gods I worship...
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2010