anyone know any magical tricks for easing sciatic nerve pain.... like a certain stretch or something like that?

I already sleep with a pillow between my knees but my hip goes out at least once every day and I get crazy spasms... I have a heating pad but I can only sit on it for so long before I start sweating like crazy so its not helping much either.... am I just going to have to tough it out until this baby comes?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 10:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sitting on an ice pack actually helps mine way more than heat. I'm 33 weeks pg and have the same problem.
    bekfish84

Answer by bekfish84 at 1:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• yes its great , lie on your tummy face down and bend you knees so your soles of feet are facing ceiling then keep your knees together and let your legs drop open , gently bounce them for a couple of mins , the side thats sore wont go as far .
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 10:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• my dad always does heating pads and lays on his back on the floor with his feet propped on a chair at 45 degrees.
    I find that stretching helps...like sitting on the ground and putting my feet together and leaning forward.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I read on a website (Researched for a friend) that if you lay flat on your back with your legs on a chair (Knees to feet on the chair) that it will help relax and ease the pain of your sciatic nerve. Also soaking in warm baths can help. My friend said that the laying on the back really helped her out.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I have the same problem, and recently fell, my obgyn, told me to use a heating pad, use a body pillow. Plus some pain meds like tyneol. 3
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 3:42 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• ah, i'll have to wait to use the first trick cause i'm 29 wks pregnant....
    elizabiza

Comment by elizabiza (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010