Me and my fiance have recently stopped using condoms and stopped using the pull out method. We started this on Friday, August 13th, the last day of my period. And for about a week we did it approximately 3 times a day everyday that week. Its not close to time for me to start my period and i was wondering if taking a pregnancy test now would give me a false negative and what the chances are of me actually being pregnant.

hecb

Asked by hecb at 10:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• taking a test right now is way to soon. You need to take it at least 4-7 days before your missed period
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• it all depends on how long your cycle is. Average cycle, you ovulate on day 14 after your period. You have had sex prior to that so you probably haven't ovulated during the time you were having sex.

Also, you are having sex too much. It takes @24 hours for a man to mature enough sperm to keep going. They get tired and don't move very much when you have sex every day let alone 3 times every day.

Give the little guys time to recoup. Sex every other day is better for stronger more motile sperm
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• And it is actually better to be having sex every other day and not 3 times a day. His sperm count needs time to build back up between ejections.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• too soon to get an accurate result on a preg. test....
    I read somewhere that if all of your timing is perfect then you have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant which really surprised me because they made it sound like it was sooooo easy to get pregnant when I was in High School sex ed. class hahaha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You should have had your sex marathon a week later than you did. Chances are you are not pregnant. Like someone else said a normal cycle will have you ovulating 2 weeks after the FIRST day of your last period. Some women can feel when they are ovulating (I can and it hurts like a mother) so if you can, that will let you know when you should be having sex. Also remember you can get pregant the days prior and days after ovulation so you usually have like a 4-5 day window of the best time to conceive. Good luck.
    Born2BAMommy5

Answer by Born2BAMommy5 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The test are not always right, it could sat - and not + so I would not take one unless your about 2 or 3 week LATE
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You're not going to get a true positive/negative until you test a minimum of five days before your missed period. Though it's better to test after you've missed your period.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No it would be too early 1st see if you are late about a week then get one.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• You'll have to wait a bit but do NOT think for one second that pulling out is a reasonable method of birth control. It's pretty irresponsible to even consider it; be prepared if you chose to go that route.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 7:52 AM on Aug. 31, 2010