Single Mom's and dating. How soon do you mention your kid?

When you start dating at what point do you choose to tell the guy about having a kid?

Is it before the first date? before the first month is over? The same night you meet them?

bubblycute

Asked by bubblycute at 10:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• From the beginning. They need to know that you have very real responsibilities and that if they can't deal with that, then they aren't the one for you.

also, you will find that your child will be a lot of your conversation since they are the most important thing for you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• before the first date
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 11:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• before the date...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• The guy I with is NOT the daddy of my girls. I told him day one that I had 3 girls and he can't be more happy then what he was before.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• yes,, they should deffinetly be something you talk about right away... they are a huge piece to you life.. anyone who has a problem with that from the start is a waste of your time anyway and doesnt deserve a first date, lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 11:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Before the first date. My boys matter more than anything.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm a firm believer in mentioning it as soon as the first opportunity is available. I don't like just randomly springing it out there. But I always say things like " well got to go home to my son" etc.

Lately I've found that it's becoming a HUGE deterrent in dating. My son is my everything and I'm wondering if it's that maybe i'm saying it the wrong way or too soon.
    bubblycute

Comment by bubblycute (original poster) at 11:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It is only a deterrant in dating if the guy isn't mature enough to understand. I'd say it's effectively weeding out the ones that aren't worth you or your son's time.

Maybe you should look into dating a different type of guy?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I've totally changed my type now after so many duds.

I only have basic requirements now (be a good guy, hold a steady job, have a car :). I figure those are fundamentals
    bubblycute

Comment by bubblycute (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Day 1
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010