How Do I fatten up my son??He seems to have no apatite, and is loosing weight.

He is in good health standing according to my Doctor just a little under weight.
I seems he has no apatite, and any food I feed him he burns it off in seconds.
I have been feeing him Pedisures, fatty foods,daily vitamins,vegetables,fruits,etc etc...Nothing seems to be working.
He is in a size 2T,and will be 3 THIS October.
Is their anything I can do to boost his growth.
Any advise...Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Vitamins have no calories and fruits & veggies are low calorie. Anything with milk can cause constipation and digestive problems that can make a little person feel like not eating. Adding butter or olive oil to food boosts calories like butter on sweet potato. Whole grains can have fat added like whole grain pasta with garlic olive oil and  parmasan cheese. Kefir is an easy to digest yogurt type drink with lots of probiotics. Try shopping a healthier food store for snacks for him that are healthy yet have a lot of calories like chips, crackers, trail mix, ect.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• you can try healthy high cal food.... but I wouldn't push it too far... if dr. says he's just a little underweight.... he's prb. okay overall but ...
    kefir, nuts, avocado, potatoes etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 11:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• when my sister took her 2 youngest kids to the pedi she told her to give them ensure or something like that...(or pediasure) my niece went from 18lbs to 20lbs...
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• dont force it my daughter will be three in a couple of days and wears 12 months to 2t the doctor says if we "make" her eat anything or overeat. that it could be neg. producing vomiting and diarrhea and cause more weight loss. ive been trying pediasure and drinks like that.
    VERONICAS_MOM

Answer by VERONICAS_MOM at 12:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My son is underweight - he always has been, he seems to burn off every calorie he takes in! (He's 2.5) I make him a smoothie every morning with organic yogurt and whole organic milk. During the day, he has 2-3 organic milk "juice boxes." I give him a snack in the morning, then one in the afternoon. (trail mix is great, lots of fiber/carbs/vitamins), sometimes a little snack before bed as well. I try to not stress about it, and just make sure that every calorie he takes in counts nutritionally.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2010