how can i get my 5 week old to sleep on her back?

every time i put her on her belly to play she falls asleep.
then when i put her down for bed on her back she screams

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure she is some what propt up (like with a boppy pillow)when sleeping on her belly she needs to be 3-4 months (SIDS) before you let her sleep on her belly on her own. Leave little musical toys around her make her feel like someone is there with her or leave her for alittle while on her back and let her cry for alittle while she will be fine like 10 mins. she will get used it.
    Anonymous

• Try to swaddle her and use a sleep positioner...it makes babies feel more secure...like they are still being held and cuddled.
    pinkchick88

Answer by pinkchick88 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it's also safe to have them sleep on their sides, she maybe more willing to do that rather than on her back
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 9:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• if she is more comfortable on her belly then so be it when i had my first daughter who is now almost 17 they told you to put them on their bellies now its on their backs so like i said which ever way is more comfortable i check on my daughter a thousand times a night and each time she is in a different position
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My little girl is 7 weeks and I think she feels insecure flat on her back. She loves being on her tummy. We will let her stay on her tummy for a few minutes if we are right next to her. At night I put her on her side in the sleep positioner and she has been sleeping better. I think it helps with gas too.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• She may be a little young, but it also depends on her weight - but there is a new product that helps babies sleep better and longer on their back called the magic sleepsuit. You may try to swaddle for now, then when the baby is big enough, use the sleepsuit. www.magicsleepsuit.com
    Anonymous