What age can my son start pre-school?

He will be three this October, and I'm more then excited to send him off to pre-school.

My question is in the state of TN what is the age that they may start pre-school?

lilmsme

Asked by lilmsme at 11:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• depends on your school district. most don't start till 4, but there are rare public schools that start at 3...you could always find a private school that starts preschool at 3. here in VA, I enrolled my son in one, the school district we're in doesn't start till 4.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• It probably depends on the program in which you want to enroll him; different pre-schools will have different requirements.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I am in NY and for us preschool or kindergarten ages to begin are they are turning 4 by 12/1 for pre-k, and 5 by 12/1. I know there are many toddler programs for 2 & 3 yr olds( see if you have head start). The best place to call is the wic program( sometimes if you call the board of education they are not always willing to help with this type of info; guess they think they could spend their time doing more important things), you could also check your yellow pages under schools and go from there.

GL and BW
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Probably next school year. I know here the kids have to be 3 by September 1st. My niece is 3 and will be 4 in October. She can go this year but my sister can't afford it. She will most likely go next year. Here the kids have to 5 by September 1st to go to kindergarten, so she will have to wait another 2 years to go to Kindergarten.

mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Here in Arizona I enrolled my son in a private preschool for 2 days a week when he was two. It was a great program and he loved it. I would have kept him there but they need to be potty trained for the 3 year old class and we are not quite there. He is currently at our local public school that offers a preschool for 3 days a week.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Public is 4 years. Private is 2.5 years old here.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• not sure, in WI it's 2 or 3...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2010

• Eh not sure
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:24 PM on Sep. 13, 2010