Would you kill yourself if you were 27, never had a job, and couldn't find employment?

I am not that person. I'm just wondering what you would do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• No.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• still no....
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• There is much more to live for then employment. I wouldn't see the point in ending my life due to one hardship, especially one that has soo many remedies.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• NO. there is more to life than a job. There is family and friends to think about. Killing yourself doesn't solve anything, it's just giving up plus it causes a crap load of mental anguish and possibly long term mental health issues for the loved ones involved. I know, my stepfather killed himself.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No. Being a depressive personality myself I have thought of it but have always beenable to find some reason to live even if it was something negative. Thank god and I hope you do too.
    momto3again

Answer by momto3again at 11:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No...I would realize that flipping burgers may not be what you want to do, but it is a job and brings in money.

Some of the problems I see for people that can't find work is that they simply think that they are worth more than the jobs out there.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Nope and I recall this exact question being asked before. Nothing is worth killing yourself over. Every day is a new chance to make things right.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Annalem, NicoleSweets, or whatever you screen name is this week, please go get some help. There are therapist that do pro-bono work or use a sliding scale based on your income.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No, I would go to school and find my dream. :-).... Being so wrapped up in these kind of thoughts is " All about me". I would suggest time to start doing thing for others, stay busy and get involved in volunteer work. Suicide is a permanant solution to a temporary problem. Fight and stay strong. Count your blessings always.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm 18, have a baby just out of diapers, abusive family and felt very very alone...I felt the same way, but ten I realized that I needed to keep my attention full of positive things... I then enrolled in school,helped at the big brother big sister program,did simple things like placing applications in the morning,then taking my son to the park after lunch and drawing my feelings down in a sketch book....You must always look for the future whether its for you,a animal,a drawing,or another person...Something is worth living for and it out weighs dieing!!!
    God Bless
    lilmsme

Answer by lilmsme at 11:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2010