Did you know THIS was part of the Glenn Beck rally? And does it soften/change/alter your opinion in any way??

Thank you to all those that attended 8/28 both in person and online

With your support and help we were able to raise more than $5-million dollars for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.

If you would like to donate to their cause you can do so online here OR you can text SOWF to 85944 to make a $10 donation.

I mean thats pretty cool!!

The Special Operations Warrior Foundation has three program areas providing support and assistance to special operations personnel and their families:
Scholarships
Family Services
Wounded SOF Support

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep, all the $$ raised went to that fund. And all the expenses were covered by one individual, too. I think it is wonderful, that that much $$ was donated, there was no charge for anything there ie, tickets, cover charge, etc. The only expense that the people attending incurred was their own expense to get there.

(This would be a good lesson for Congress -- you get more from donations than you do from charging fees!)
    29again

Answer by 29again at 11:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No I didn't know, but really he is doing this for self promotion more then for his altruistic feelings.

If you didn't know about this, how do you know his motivation?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Don't expect liberal answers. They can't argue on the merits of what Glen Beck has to say so they use the lib rules of debate and attack him by labeling him a racist. Now most of the people who are labeling him never watch his show but Maddow, Olberman and Mathews and of course the huffpo all label him as a racist so it must be true.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thats awesome! Thats what charity is about! You'd think people would get a clue, they are still looking at who started it rather than the whole package.
    Kinda like you look at a food and decide its disgusting because of how it looks or smells and you never taste it.. you taste it and find its not bad at all.
    ;-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I only READ. You know, how you get newspapers and books and use your eyes and your mind??? WHat a novel idea.

Yes I do it every day, but cosmo and tiger beat don't count.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• It doesn't alter my opinion because he already has my support!
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 12:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Yes, I knew! He's not a new reporter...he's an OPINIONIST! He's pd to give HIS opinion, just like any OTHER opinionist.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Carpy---what makes you think I never watch Beck? I have watched Beck many times.....which is why I can't stand him anymore. And I don't watch MSNBC and I am not even familiar with Maddoes and Oberman, any of them. I only READ. You know, how you get newspapers and books and use your eyes and your mind??? WHat a novel idea. No,I don't like the Cable News Bloggers. ANd I am a Liberal,ya know. BUT,I can think for myself.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yep and I've said just so in every answer I have given. But it won't matter to the Beck haters.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2010

• cosmo and tiger beat? Wow are you 23 or 13?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 8:50 AM on Aug. 30, 2010