How can I keep his hat on??

My son, 11 months, always pulls off his hat. We've tried the ones that velcro, the ones that tie, and hooded swetshirts. We live in Wisconsin, and it gets pretty cold up here. Any advice on how to keep his ears warm??

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 8:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• earmuffs?? sorry, but at that age, it's hard to keep a hat on them!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• We had the same issue with our son, until my grandmother told him he couldn't go outside and play without a hat on. As it got warmer, we had to buy him a baseball cap because he won't go outside without something on his head.

Maybe something like that would work for you. Have a grandparent tell them they need to wear a hat or they can't go out and play/to the store/whatever. Might work.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Just keep putting it back on. Time and patience on your part will teach him that it is pointless to take the hat off.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I have the same problem with my son. He used to love to wear a hat. Then he learned how to take it off and I can't keep one on him now. If you find a trick that works, please let me know, it's getting cold here too!! :)
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 9:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• All I can say is good luck. I could never get mine to leave them on.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 10:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Let him see that others have to wear hats too. If you and Daddy are getting ready to go outside and you both put your hats on (or at least daddy, so you don't have to ruin your hair), he may want to copy you.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 10:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My son's only 10 months & I can't get him to keep a hat on either. He has a black & gray striped hat that looks cute on him but everytime I put it on him it's right back off. I can't even get him to leave his hoodie on. I've put my hood up on my hoodie & then put his up & he just pulls it off. I never put a hat on him as a baby so he's not really use to them.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 1:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• double knot lol. :D I don't know sis bri seems to like her hats most of the time. Or she gives up tugging on them. have tina make a snap hat or button hat.
    darcyk10

Answer by darcyk10 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 21, 2008