Are you ever Jealous ...

Are you ever jealous at what other people have?

For me I get so jealous when I see happy families. I wish that I could give that to my son. I'm happy for those people to be blessed with a loving family. I just wish I could get that for me and Shawn. (Envious is more the appropriate word)

bubblycute

Asked by bubblycute at 11:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• No; only because I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. And just because they seem happy does not mean they really are!!! Your son is blessed because he has a mom who loves him enough to wish she could give him everything he wants and deserves!!!! Ask him if he's not happy with just it being you and him and I swear to you he'll tell you that he is but what ever would make you happy he would want you to have. We get so wrapped up in what other people have that we lose sight of we actually do have. Of course we all want to be in a happy loving family but unfortantely this is not the case in this day and age; and sadly partially thanks to Madonna's song "papa don't preach", and loose morals being brushed off due to the world changing their are a lot more of us having children out of wed lock. You tried, and you were unselfish enough to let his dad find happiness else where since he couldn't find it with you! You rock
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I am jealous of when I here my friends that live on base talk about how much they love living with there husbands and they talk about there weddings. Me and my fiance are getting married next year and I will be moving on base. I wish it was all happening now
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• envious is a nicer word.. =P i do envy how all our family & friends get a little free time once in a while because they have very helpful grandparents. it would be nice to get out of the house without the kids once in a while, but that hasn't happened more than twice since my first was born. now i have three. but i do understand why my parents can't help as much as they'd like with babysitting. they've been so helpful in many other ways so i guess it evens out.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 11:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Yes, I get jealous of people more for the material things they have, especially HOUSES. I want a new house so bad right now. I try to keep the green eyed monster away though.
    MarleighsMommy

Answer by MarleighsMommy at 11:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I THINK EVERYONE IN SOME POIN TIN LIFE GETS JEALOUS OVER SOMETHING. ALTHO ITS NOT SOMETHING WE SHOULD DO. WE HAVE TO BE THANKFUL FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS IN LIFE WE DO HAVE AND EVEN IF OTHERS HAVE MORE THAN YOU OR WHATEVER YOU SHOULDN'T SEE IT AS MAN I WISH THAT WAS ME..YOU SHOULD SAY HEY ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL HAVE THAT TOO!
    GUDMOMMY86

Answer by GUDMOMMY86 at 11:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I don't think I'm jealous. When I see other people having good things that I don't I'm generally just happy for them. I guess that's cause I've been very blessed with my family and where we are.
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 11:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Not of stuff like others having happy families. I get jealous over other stuff, like others rolling in money, when we are barely making ends meet, and stretching it hard even then. I get jealous over the time my s/o spends with people he works with as when he's at home he's in front of the computer constantly. Stuff like that!
    momof3xthefun

Answer by momof3xthefun at 11:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I'm never jealous, and I can say that honestly. I'm so fortunate in my life that I have no right to be jealous. Some people may have more than me, or a more exciting life, but I still have so much. My family is healthy, and as long as we're healthy, I'll be happy. I could never want anything as much as I want that, so for me to be jealous of someone would be silly. I can understand how it must be hard for you, though. I'm sorry you're going through that. Sometimes it takes a while for things to all come together, but I'm sure you'll find your happy family soon. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Thanks Ladies :). I have these moments where I feel ridiculous being envivous.

You're right in pointing out that my son is happy just him and I. I can't change it so I do make the best out of our situation.

Appreciate all the good feedback.
    bubblycute

Comment by bubblycute (original poster) at 11:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• No; only because I don't know what goes on behind closed doors. And just because they seem happy does not mean they really are!!! Your son is blessed because he has a mom who loves him enough to wish she could give him everything he wants and deserves!!!! Ask him if he's not happy with just it being you and him and I swear to you he'll tell you that he is but what ever would make you happy he would want you to have. We get so wrapped up in what other people have that we lose sight of we actually do have. Of course we all want to be in a happy loving family....."

I so agree with this! Great answer!

Hang in there, OP!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2010