How would you respond to this?

I know a man who thinks that when two women go out to supper that they are automatically lesbians. (I'm not talking down about this, I just don't understand what he's thinking?) I was talking to a friend about this and even she says what I say. That is that women are capable of being friends and going out to supper. How can I make him see this differently?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 11:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats too funny. When I was in my mid twenties I had an older girl friend, she was a single parent and I was single. We used to go to happy hour all the time, or out to eat. She was so good to me, treated me like her younger sister and we even looked like sisters. Your friend is very confused, just be glad you arent married to him, or you would never get a girls night out!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• when he goes somewhere with a buddy, does that make him gay?
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 11:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• If he is set in his ways of thinking you cant change that
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• You can't because he's a moron. I mean, if the two of you go to supper, are you dating? no.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• it's like guys going out to a bar to watch the game together.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i'd most likely just tell him he's stupid
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 12:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• He's either a total dingbad moron, or he's just saying it to get to you. If he's right, than I would have to say 95% of women are lesbian, because I can't think of a single woman I know who's never gone on a "girl date".
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• If he's really being serious about it, all you can do is let him think whatever he wants to think. Friends of the same-sex go out all the time. I go out with my mom to dinner so according to him a lot of people not only are gay, but also incestuous as well? That makes no sense at all he needs to grow a few more brain cells.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• most the time you can't. but ask him has he ever heard of ladies night out? if not have him watch sex in the city. those women were always hanging out together. good luck.
    but its funny that he would say that when i know men go fishing together. does that make them gay? lol ask him and see what he says!
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2010