How do you clean laminate wood flooring?

We have laminate wood flooring in our living room, dining room and hallway. It sure looks nice but it is HARD to clean. I have tried hot water and a little bit of pine sol ~ it leaves a streaky film. We have tried to use just plain hot water ~ it takes like 8x of mopping it to get floor clean and streak free. We have tried the Swiffer ~ it leaves streaks. I have heard that vinegar & hot water works. Have you tried this method? Does it leave streaks? How much vinegar to how much water did you use?

7blessings

Asked by 7blessings at 11:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use a cup of vinegar to a gallon of water and no, it doesn't streak.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:00 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I use the clorox ready mop and it doesn't streak. Although the thing is a POS so I think I'm going to switch to the vinegar idea
    zoeysmom331

Answer by zoeysmom331 at 12:06 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I use vinegar and water for the deep down cleaning and I use the swiffer wet pads for quick clean ups. never streaks, dries fast and it smells great!
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I used to clean house and we would use vinegar and cold water, then on our hands and knees wash with one hand then dry with the other, takes time but it's worth the trouble
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2010