those of you in Florida

me and my family are planning to move to florida in feb or march 2011...ive been on vacation there twice but i really dont know much about what are good eares to live in, where the weather is decent, eareas that arent crazy for spring break or tourist stuff... we are looking for a nice erea to raise our family in.. anyone who lived/lives in Florida have any suggestions? thanks:-)

momaholly

Asked by momaholly at 12:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have lived from Florida City on up to Jacksonville and I LOVE Jacksonville! I lived in Ocala, Miami, Homestead, Ft Laundedale, Hialeah, Cutler Ridge, Hollywood, Gainsville and sooo many other cities, but I love Jacksonville! I am raising our daughter here and I can't imagine any other city in Florida to raise her. The people are great here, the area is still small enough that it doesn't feel like a huge city like Dallas, Miami, Atlanta and etc...and there are TONS of family friendly ativites to do and see. And of course dont forget the beaches!! =)
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• My husband was living in Fort Meyers when I met him and his brother is still there. It's a beautiful area with wonderful schools and communities.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i love the beaches... we live in missouri and i hate it.. the winters here are so bad.. just cold sad and depressing with more ice then snow! we were both raised here and weve always known that we would go somewhere else,, we recently decided on florida for early next year we would love to be thee before winter so that we dont have to go threw yet another missouri winter.. ugh but its just not do-able that soon.
    we have thought a little about gainsville.. but we have been looking online for places to live in Jacksonville.. prices seam decent there.. we are hoping for my SO to find a job and get it lined up before we move so that everything is in place and i will start working later on,, i work full time now and would enjoy a break to stay home with my babies:-) for a while atleast.
    momaholly

Comment by momaholly (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I can sympathise with you on long Missouri winters! I live in Kansas City, KS. We've talked about moving for along time. And after visiting Florida DH decided we should move there. Ofcourse he wants to get somethings in order first. Like going to school to earn more money. We probably wont be moving for atleast another 2 years, less maybe if things go well. I liked the Miama area, but we've also been looking at Jacksonville. The prices don't seem much different from Kansas City. So I know even if we moved with the job DH has now we could make it. What part of Missouri do you live in?

Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 12:37 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• we live near Chillicothe.. like an hour n a half away from liberty. its north of liberty.
    but yes.. this past winter especially!! i was miserable!!!! soo much ice and way too cold!! and i work at sonic as a carhop,, ive worked there three years and going outside all day long makes me hate it even more.... little stuff has made me hate it even more.. like being way sick and having to go outside and shovel snow from the end of my driveway that the snow plows put there... i got stuck trying to get in and out of my driveway so many times because the snow plows put all the snow at the end of my drive way!! instead of on the other side of the road where there arent houses!! ugh.. and sliding on the ice too much!! i wrecked going home from my moms on Christmas night!! wasnt a hapy winter at all!! lmao

momaholly

Comment by momaholly (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• but yes we wanna get everything figured out, Bryant is going to school right now. so its pretty certain that he will be able to get a job in his field down there.. hes researched it all and there are alot of jobs that relate to what he is going for (computers and game simulation)

so hopefully we will get everything lined out.. i cant wait to be away from this place!!! ill still visit sometimes im sure... or itll give our families a reason to take a trip to florida to see us:-)
    momaholly

Comment by momaholly (original poster) at 12:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2010