I'm quitting smoking tomorrow!!!

Me and my husband both. We decided last Monday that tomorrow is our quit day. There are several reasons we wanna quit but we know it's gonna be hard. I've got some Nicorette and i'm going to alternate it with regular gum & just try to stay busy to keep my mind off of it.... We are spending $10 a day together on cigarettes so if we can do this, it would save us $300 a month and I know we would feel way better and be healthier.

Anybody have any success stories or suggestions to help me out/get me motivated?

MarleighsMommy

Asked by MarleighsMommy at 12:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Health

• I quit smoking 11 years ago. My advice would be to join an online support group.VERY helpful! And remember to always remind yourself that smoking is not an option. If something bad happens it is not an excuse to smoke. The day after I quit I found a pack of cigs in my kitchen with only 1 missing. Those things looked so good all lined up nice and neat in the pack.It was so tempting. So instead of just throwing them away. I got them soaking wet and crushed them to pieces. That confirmed to myself that I was serious and I would suceed.
    CBMMOM

Answer by CBMMOM at 12:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• clapping

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Oh Yay!!!! Good luck and don't give up! I quit almost 7 years ago and I feel so much better and I smell better...LOL...and I have saved so much money by not buying cigs! Please stay with it! Good LUCK!!!!!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2010