how do you get black crayon out of tan microsuede?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 12:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Ok, so I asked my hubby and he said to use a product called Tannin. He couldn't remember the commercial name for it.. something like Tannix. They buy it for the business at a local industrial supply store. If you can't find it anywhere, send me a message and I'll find out more for you.
    He thinks you might be able to use white vinegar too, but he's not 100% sure you can use it on couches. He'll call the owner in the morning and ask.
    Hope that helps!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Hey,,,I like it. Lets go with black crayon every 12 inches across the couch, and call it leopard spotted couch! Now do the same thing to the lamps and there you go,,see, who needs an interior decorator with black crayon and a microsuede couch!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:13 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• i would try a magic eraser! it works on everything!
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 12:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I'm going to respond now so I can find the question later. My hubby's second job is with a carpet cleaning company that does upholstery too, so I'll ask him when I wake him up. That will be in a couple hours.

I do know that to get wax out of carpets and stuff, they take a towel and put it over the wax then press a hot iron over it. The towel soaks up the wax as the iron melts it. That may work since crayons are made of wax. But please don't try it yet! I don't want to tell you the wrong thing and then your couch be ruined.

They clean a lot of microfiber couches so I'm pretty sure he'll have the answer if you don't mind waiting a little while.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• I was responding to this like the grape juice on the tan couch example question,,,,hope I was dead on,,and dont appear super de duper wierd
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:32 AM on Aug. 30, 2010

• Try a wax remover. I believe I got mine at walmart
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 30, 2010